On RUDY and Inspiration
In STOP! PAJAMA TIME, Ders tells the guys he went to see Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger speak, and is therefore an expert on leadership. Thus began our search for the right inspirational quote Ders would give Alice in the parking lot, to prove his knowledge.
While STOP! PAJAMA TIME didn’t feature any licensed music, the episode certainly owes some DNA to this inspirational explosion:
While Jerry Goldsmith’s watershed score for RUDY wasn’t featured in the dramatic “TelAmeriCorp stands up for Jillian” scene, we hope we evoked the rah-rah spirit of the piece with the stock music that was chosen.
If our music budget was infinite, we could have also used these classic film scores in other scenes from the episode:
- Theme from The Rock for Blake’s heroic rescue of Sigourney Beaver
- Theme from Beetlejuice for the TelAmeriCorp employee’s siege on Alice’s office
- The Godfather Theme for Blake’s improvisational firing of Adam
- Jaws could have made any of Jillian’s checking Alice’s computer far more threatening… and made you think a shark was nearby
- Last of the Mohicans could have brought heavier dramatic implications to Adam’s near-suicide
Alas, we didn’t get to use any of that music, but there’s nothing to stop you from playing it from your iTunes as you watch the episode again. Let us know how that works out.
Look for the Workaholics Mix Tape every Wednesday morning, laying down the sound that rolled ‘round town, JR Brown.