Here’s the cure for your Half Christmas munchies.
Cherry and Klondike Buche de Demi Noel
2 pound cake loaves
3 Klondike bars
2 containers of chocolate frosting
1. On parchment paper, cut each pound cake horizontally into 3 1-inch-thick layers.
2. Lay each layer of cake side-by-side into a 3x2 configuration.
3. Mash the tips of the pound cakes together. Use the rolling pin to smooth the seams, creating 1 large thin cake.
4. Spread chocolate frosting over the top of the cake.
5. Place three Klondike ice cream bars side-by-side along the edge of the cake nearest to you.
6. Slowly roll the cake over the Klondike bars. Press down firmly and repair any areas of cake that have crumbled.
7. Spread frosting to the top of the cake and roll again.
8. Once the cake is in the shape of a log, roll it in parchment paper and press firmly to make sure it is tightly packed.
9. Unwrap and add chocolate frosting to all exposed cake, ensuring the sides are covered as well.
10. Place cake in a freezer for two hours so that it gets hard.
11. Decorate with whipped cream, cherry syrup and Maraschino cherries.
12. Take some pics and share them using #HALFXMAS.
13. Slice and serve with a glass of kegnog.